It’s a low emissions personal pension for me
- As you pay money into your pension that money is being invested, and when it is invested in company shares (equities) you actually become a part-owner of that company.
- The pension market carries huge weight – in April 2016 to March 2018, aggregate private pension wealth in the UK represented 42% of all wealth.
- According to the Ethical Consumer Guide to Ethical Pensions, most pension companies have policies around carbon and climate change.
- Ask for details of ethical funds, which are also called things such as ‘sustainable funds’ or ‘stewardship funds’. One key feature of an ethical fund is that it should have exclusions criteria, i.e. it should specify what it will not invest in.
- See the “Use your Voice” section for actions if you have workplace pensions.